Monday, February 3, 2014

31 Days of Green: Day 31 Beet Greens


It only seems right to end this endeavor with a true green. So todays green is what I like to call a “bonus green” Whenever I buy beets at the farmers market, I get bonus greens. I have to admit, beet greens aren’t my favorite but hey, they come free with the beets. There are lots of bonus greens out there, turnip, carrot, and dandelion; all of which I buy for the underground part. Now there are some green parts that you don’t want to eat, like tomato and potato greens. Generally you won’t find these attached to plant still, but if your ever unsure if they are okay to eat just ask someone! The best way to eat bonus greens is mixed into a sauté. It is one of the easiest ways to get more greens into your diet, while saving some greens!



Here’s a few way to enjoy…


 


What is your favorite “bonus green?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you are having trouble posting a comment please make sure you are accepting cookies from this site or it may not work.