Thursday, February 6, 2014

31 Days of Green Recap


It was a fun 31 Days of Green. I definitely learned a few things that I would like to share. You can also find a link to each day below.

What I Learned...


1) We don’t normally eat such a variety of food.

The top ‘greens’ in our house are spinach, avocado, and kale. I had to go out of my way to include 31 different varieties, but it was a fun challenge.

2) Roasting is the tastiest way to prepare greens.

Though I normally sauté, we actually decided that all of the greens we roasted tasted much better that way. It is our new favorite way to eat greens.

3) Blogging everyday is hard!

I have a new respect for all of the bloggers out there. Taking pictures, coming up with recipes, and typing this up is a lot more time consuming than I realized. Next time I commit to a time challenge I think I will definitely have some posts prepared in advance for those busy nights.

4) How to cook an artichoke.

I had never actually prepared artichoke before this so I had to look up how to cook it.

5) Getting ‘green’ in everyday isn’t hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you are having trouble posting a comment please make sure you are accepting cookies from this site or it may not work.