Monday, February 24, 2014

Banana Stacks

I took a break from blogging this past week to prepare for our son’s first birthday party. It is always fun to have a mix of family and friends around! I’ll try to post some pictures this week. Mercury also took his first couple unassisted steps at the party, so we are gearing up for him to start walking soon!








The recipe I have for today is not something I was planning on sharing because it is more of a “how-to” than a recipe. However, I made it for my husband earlier this week and it was apparently very popular so it is brought to you by social media demand! I like to make this as and easy after work out snack. I have seen many versions of this so I’m definitely not claiming it as my own, but here is my method.



Banana Stacks

Gluten Free, Vegan
Makes around 5

1 banana
2 tbl almond butter
2 tbl coconut oil, softened*

Slice the banana into quarter inch rounds. Group into 3 slices per a stack. Top the first banana slice with semi soft coconut oil. Lay another slice of banana on the coconut oil. Next add a layer of almond butter, then finish with the third slice of banana. Secure the stacks with a toothpick. You can eat right away or put them into the fridge or freezer to firm up the coconut oil. Store in the fridge for less then 2 days or freeze.



Notes and Substitutions

  • You can use nut or seed butter that you like.
  • To make these chocolate mix 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder with the coconut oil.
  • *If your coconut oil is to firm to spread then let it sit out in a warm spot or put it into a warm oven for a few minutes. If it is melted to liquid then place it in the freezer for a few minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you are having trouble posting a comment please make sure you are accepting cookies from this site or it may not work.