Friday, December 13, 2013

Feed Me Friday

One of the reasons I love reading blogs (besides killer recipes) is seeing what other people eat regularly. So, with inspiration from many other blogs, I have decided to start a series called ‘Feed Me Friday’ in which I will share with you my dining experience once a week. With our dietary restrictions and a baby that wants to share whatever is on my plate, I often get asked what I eat. So I thought I’d share. I almost forgot this (tuesday) morning! So bear with me as I get used to remembering to take pictures of what I eat for a day.

Breakfast

I am currently a little under the weather so my husband fixed us breakfast before he left for work.


Pasture raised eggs and chopped plantain sautéed in coconut oil, garlic, and salt.  Topped with sauerkraut and nutritional yeast.


Coffee with hemp milk







I make my hemp milk with dates, shelled hemp seeds, vanilla, a dash of salt, and water.


Mercury ate the same thing except water instead of coffee!

I also finished off a couple bites of cacao-mint chia pudding. Not pictured because I ate it all while I was waiting for eggs!

Snack


Even though I’m not feeling great, today was the first sunny day in over a week so I took Mercury out for a walk and fresh air. I found myself at our local organic juice bar. I had a smoothie with raspberry, strawberry, kale, and jalapeno. Lucky for me Mercury fell asleep so I didn’t have to share.

Lunch


I had and easy lunch of leftovers. Collard, turnip, and dandelion greens with onion, pecans, and white beans. Sautéed in coconut oil with a mustard sauce that had Dijon mustard, olive oil, ginger, water, and a little maple syrup. I enjoyed a Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar drink. It had ACV, honey, and water. I would have liked it a little more vinegar-y.


Mercury shared the same with me and Shaka!


Dinner


Parsnip fries, mustard greens sautéed in coconut oil and rice/hemp/almond patties topped with Dijon mustard. I’m working on the patty recipe but I hope to share it soon. I split a Chuice with my husband. It is a local company that makes juice with bits of herbs and nuts in it. Always a delicious treat!

Dessert

A very large glass of wine, not pictured here because I was in bed : )




What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you are having trouble posting a comment please make sure you are accepting cookies from this site or it may not work.