Friday, July 18, 2014

Feed Me Friday

The weather has been crazy here. It feels like fall, which is my favorite season. I spent most of my day yesterday outside, and of course eating! Here's what I ate.

Breakfast


When I first woke up I had one egg with sautéed broccoli cooked in leftover bacon fat. I topped that with homemade sauerkraut and nutritional yeast.  I also drank a cup of green tea.

Snack 

 
I made a quick smoothie to take on a walk. It had spinach, blueberries, gelatin, banana, hemp seeds and water. It wasn't a pretty color but it was delicious and creamy.



 We walked for a long time and eventually made it to the local coffee shop where I got an iced decaf americano. I love iced coffee but this iced expresso was even more delicious.

Lunch

 When we got back from our walk it was time for lunch. I quickly mashed together a tin of sardine in olive oil with hot sauce and mixed it with spinach, cucumbers, and honey dijon dressing (recipe here).

Snack



 Later I made some biscuits (recipe here) for dinner and split one with our little guy. And by spilt I mean I got one bite before he insisted on holding it and then ran off yelling "No" at me. Toddlers are fun!

Dessert



I decided to have dessert before dinner since dinner was going to be late. Like I really needed a reason? I toasted some homemade zucchini bread (similar to this recipe) and topped it with coconut oil and homemade sunflower seed butter. It was so rich and gooey. It tasted like a warm brownie with ice-cream on top.

Dinner


Dinner, or should I say "brenner", was biscuits with shredded rosemary chicken and a cauliflower country gravy recipe that I am sharing on the blog on monday. You definitely want to make this one. It was so tasty that I had two of these.



What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you are having trouble posting a comment please make sure you are accepting cookies from this site or it may not work.